Conditions of Contract Conditions of Contract of Maldivian Airline
Conditions of Contract
- As used in this contract "ticket" means this passenger ticket and baggage check, or this itinerary/receipt if applicable. In the case of an electronic ticket, of which these conditions and the notices form part, "carriage" is equivalent to "transportation", "carrier" means all air carriers that carry or undertake to carry the passenger or his baggage hereunder or perform any other service incidental to such air carriage, "electronic ticket" means the itinerary/Receipt issued by or on behalf of Carrier, the Electronic Coupons and if applicable, a boarding document, "Warsaw Convention" means the Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules Relating to International Carriage by Air signed at Warsaw, 12th October 1929, or that Convention as amended at The Hague, 28th September 1955, whichever may be applicable, "Montreal Convention" means the Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules for International Carriage by Air signed at Montreal, 28th May 1999.
- Carriage hereunder is subject to the rules and limitations relating to liability established either by the Warsaw Convention or the Montreal Convention unless such carriage is not "international carriage" as defined by that Convention.
- To the extent not in conflict with the foregoing carriage and other services performed by each carrier are subject to: (I) provisions contained In the ticket; (ii) applicable! tariffs; (iii) carrier's conditions of carriage and related regulations which are made pert hereof (and are available on application at the offices of carrier), except in transportation between a place in tile United States or Canada and any place outside thereof to which tariffs in f0fC9 in those countries apply.
- Carrier's name may be abbreviated in the ticket, the full name and its abbreviation being set forth in Carrier's tariffs. Conditions of carnage, regulations or timetables; carrier's address shall be the airport of departure shown opposite the first abbreviation of carrier's name In the ticket; the agreed slopping places are those places set forth in this ticket or as shown in carriers timetables as scheduled stowing places on the passenger's route: carriage to be performed hereunder by several successive carriers is regarded as a single operation.
- An air carrier issuing a ticket for carriage over the lines of another air carrier does so only as Its Agent.
- Any exclusion or limitation of limitation of carrier shall apply to and be for the benefit of agents' servants and representatives of carrier and any person whose aircraft is used by carrier for carriage and its agents, servants and representatives.
- Checked baggage will be delivered to bearer of the baggage check. In case of damage to baggage loving In international transportation complaint must be made In writing to carrier forthwith after discovery of damage and, at the latest, within 7 days from receipt; in case of delay, complaint ,mist be made within 21 days from date the baggage was delivered. See tariffs or conditions of carriage regarding non-international transportation,
- This ticket is good for carriage for one year from date of issue, except as otherwise provided In this ticket, in carrier's tariffs, conditions of carriage, or related regulations, The fare for carriage hereunder is subject to change prior to commencement of carriage. Carrier may refuse Iransport8tion if the applicable fare has not been paid.
- Carrier undertakes to use its best efforts to carry the passenger and baggage with reasonable dispatch. Times shown in timetables or elsewhere are not guaranteed and from no part of this contract Carrier may without notice substitute alternate carriers or aircraft. and may alter or omit stopping places shown on the ticket in case of necessity. Schedules are subject to change without notice. Carrier assumes no responsibility for making connections.
- Passenger shall comply with Government travel requirements, present exit, entry and other required document and arrive at airport by time fixed by carrier or. if no time is fixed, early enough to complete departure procedures.
- No agent, servant or representative of carrier has authority to alter, modify or waive any provision of this contract.
- Where applicable, Goods and Services Tax will be charged at 12% of total fare and Airport Tax will be charged at US$25.00 per passenger for all Internet Bookings. All customers eligible for lower rates may apply for tax refund at an office managed by Island Aviation.
- If you are using your credit card to purchase online e-tickets on behalf of your loved ones for any sector on Maldivian, please fill the Release & Indemnity form (Download) together with the following documents and call over in person at the nearest Maldivian Office at least 24 hrs prior to departure of your passengers.
- Original card used to purchase the tickets
- Copy of card holder’s passport (signature page) or National Identity Card
- Copy of passports of the passengers in this booking (signature page)
- Card holders are advised to sign Release & Indemnity form ONLY in the presence of a Maldivian’s staff or a nominated staff member of the Airline.
- Maldivian shall have the right to reject acceptance and deny boarding in the event the aforesaid processes are not followed in a timely manner.
- Once the above process is successfully completed Maldivian shall update the booking of your passengers and advise the card holder the status accordingly.
- If the above process is incomplete and the passenger attempts to travel without our approval, he/she will be denied boarding and Maldivian shall not be liable for any direct or indirect losses due to such denial of boarding.
- Refund is subject to fare conditions of your ticket.
THE CARRIER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE CARRIAGE TO ANY PERSON WHO HAS ACQUIRED A TICKET IN VIOLATION OF ANY APPLICABLE LAW OR CARRIER'S TARIFFS, RULES AND REGULATIONS.