Travel During COVID 19
Learn about the safety recommendations and measures set in place to prevent the spread of COVID-19 while traveling with us
Traveling increases the chances of getting and spreading COVID-19. Therefore we advise everyone to be mindful while traveling and to take preventive measures to protect yourself and others from COVID-19. Consider the following:
Before Your Flight
- Avoid travel if you are feeling unwell and experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- All passengers are required to wear masks while at the airport and in-flight. We recommend you to bring your own masks to ensure the best fit.
- Only passengers will be allowed to enter the airport terminal except for unaccompanied minors and passengers with reduced mobility requiring assistance.
- Use our online check-in service to avoid queues and reduce interactions at the airport.
- All international passengers traveling to and from the Maldives are required to submit the online Traveller Health Declaration within 24 hours prior to travel.
- Install and use the contract tracing app “TraceEkee” when traveling.
Check-in and Boarding
- All passengers and staff will undergo a temperature screening at the airport.
- Check-in counters at our airports are fitted with protective screens.
- Our staff will be equipped with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE); masks and gloves.
- Markings are placed on floors and seating areas to assist passengers maintain a safe distance from each other while at the airport.
- Hand sanitizes are available at common areas of the airports.
- Frequently touched surfaces at the airport such as seats, counters, lounges, handles, trolleys and baggage belts are regularly cleaned and disinfected.
- For ease of movement, we recommend passengers to carry a small cabin baggage.
- Passenger capacity in transfer vehicles are reduced to maintain physical distancing and vehicles are disinfected after every trip.
- Passengers will be boarded to the aircraft in small groups to maintain physical distancing.
On Your Flight
- Wear mask at all times throughout the flight except for eating and drinking.
- Temperature screening is conducted for all our flight crew and cabin crew.
- Our cabin crew would be equipped with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE); masks, gloves and goggles/face shields.
- Onboard services will be limited to minimize interactions.
- We recommend passengers to limit your movements inside the aircraft to reduce contact.
- Our Airbus aircraft are equipped with HEPA filters (High Efficiency Particulate Arrestors) which removes 99.9% of microbes and dust particles from the cabin air. The air is fully refreshed every two to three minutes.
- Enhanced cleaning and disinfection of all aircraft are carried out after each flight, using health authorities approved cleaning products. In addition, aircraft lavatories are disinfected during the flight.
- If you feel ill during the flight, inform the cabin crew immediately and seek medical assistance.